Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas!


Woodland Santa


Here is a selection of Santa paintings by one of my favorite children's illustrators, Scott Gustafson.  His paintings have long impressed me, and I started collecting images of his work twenty years before I had my wife and I had our first child.  I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!  Merry Christmas!


Santa at the North Pole


Up, Up, and Away!


Up, Up, and Away! (detail)


Santa with Reindeer


Santa and the Mouse


Santa's Reward


. . . He looked like a Peddler just Opening his Pack. . .


He filled all the stockings. . .


Happy Christmas to all, and to all a good night!


More rapid than eagles his coursers they came. . .


Up on the Rooftop


St. Nicholas in his Study


St. Nicolas in his Study (detail)






9 comments:

Mr Lonely said...

Merry Christmas ~ Have a nice day~ =)

Regards,
http://www.lonelyreload.com (A Growing Teenager Diary) ..

martinealison said...


Je vous souhaite un très joyeux noël à vous et tous les vôtres ainsi qu'une heureuse année 2013.

Gros bisous.

miek said...

Merry Christmas and thank you for all the lovely posts.

DesB said...

Thank you for all the posts over the last year, Matthew - always a delight.
Merry Christmas to you and yours.

SYLVIANE said...

Merry Christmas, and bravo for all of your so clever posts in all the year!

Jim Serrett said...

Merry Christmas to you.
And thank you for all of your gifts this year.

Judy P. said...

Perfect post for today, much appreciated.
Merry Christmas!

Peter Lee said...

nice illustrations!

Ola Sarri said...

Merry Christmas and thank you for this fine blog (my very favorite blog).